Ideas for Distance Learning
Wondering how to lead a 4-H project from a distance? Educators across the globe are scrambling to develop effective experiential activities for youth to do remotely. We are compiling these resources for you, so check back soon for our suggestions.
Ideas are also shared on our Facebook page. Join us if you are a member by searching for "Yolo County 4-H". Membership must be approved to maintain a safe space, so request to join.
In the meantime, if you see something you think would work well, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org to add.
Ice Breakers you can do remotely:
Project Lesson Plans, Ideas, and Resources:
- Practical examples from the UC on how to structure remote project meetings
- National Youth Science Day Experiment- Mars Base Camp
- National 4-H Remote Learning Resources
- Project sheets
- FireWorks curriculum (Fire science education for middle schoolers)
- Disease Detectives (Epidemiology project for teens). Contact email@example.com for full lesson plans.
- Five Ways to Keep Kids Engaged and Learning at Home
- STEM Fun & Education Resources
- Library, Reading and Home School Activities
- Virtual Field Trips
- Health and Nutrition
- Animal Science Education & Activities
- Agriculture and Gardening
Volunteer Trainings to Learn Distance Learning Strategies:
Engagement Strategies for Reimagined Classrooms
Whether we are six feet apart or teaching online, our classrooms are going to look different this school year. No longer can we rely on our regular pair and share or group work formats, but that doesn’t mean collaboration and sharing is over. How can we take what we already know about engaging students and translate it to distanced learning experiences to build community?
Join this edWebinar to learn about examples from a range of tech options that turn your in-class activities to ones you can use this fall.
You can sign up here to receive an email with the recording link (webinar is full). https://home.edweb.net/webinar/commonsense20200713/#recording_34030
Packaging Your Digital Assignments: Creating Efficient and Easy-to-Navigate Lessons for Learning at Home
In this edWebinar, examine good practices for at-home learning, discover why packaging digital assignments is important and a few tips for how to do it, and explore two tools for efficiently packaging digital assignments.