Adults are vital in helping youth get the most out of 4-H by leading projects, encouraging children to try new things, and helping out at events. In addition to leading projects, check out some of the other ways adults can volunteer:
Please direct any questions about the enrollment processes below to your club Enrollment Coordinator.
NEW ADULT VOLUNTEERS
To become a Certified University of California Volunteer Leader, please:
3. Complete and pass the Orientation below (this will take approximately 1 1/2 hours).
A. Check email for note from 4hOnline with instructions to take the required trainings in eXtenison.
B. Create an eXtension profile.
C. Complete required "California New Volunteer Training."
4. Meet with Delynda Eldridge, 4-H Program Representative, at an upcoming Leaders' Council meeting or by email at email@example.com.
5. Make enrollment payment to local 4-H club (give to Community Club Leader).
6. Complete any club paperwork, including: Project Leader Agreement Form
RETURNING ADULT VOLUNTEERS (no break in service)
2. Check email for note from 4hOnline with instructions to take the required eXtension trainings. Create an eXtension profile or login to eXtension and complete the "2017-2018 Returning Volunteers Training."
3. Make enrollment payment to local 4-H club (to Community Club Leader).
4. Complete any club paperwork, including: Project Leader Agreement Form
Adult Volunteers with 1 or more program year's break in service must register as a new adult volunteer and complete the requirements above.
*You must have an email account to enroll on-line. If you do not currently have an email account, search for "free email accounts" in your web browser to select an email.